Friday, April 1, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 11

In my life this week...

Well it was not a great week for us. On Tuesday, we tried to go to the local art museum only to find out that it is closed this week because they are changing out exhibits. Then, Little BBQ got the stomach flu, and then I got the stomach flu. It has not been a fun week.

In our homeschool this week...

We did not get a lot of schooling done this week due to all the illness. Since Little BBQ is young, I am the one driving the schooling forward, so if I am not healthy, then little to no schooling gets done.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We tried to go to the art museum this week, but it did not happen. We will attempt this field trip next week or the week after.

My favorite thing this week was...

My favorite thing this week was the Hawaiian kabobs that we had on the grill. We had sirloin steak, pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and potatoes on the kabobs. They were really tasty, and I love being able to cook outside on the grill. I look forward to more grilling weather this summer.

What's working/not working for us...

I have found that reading a new book to Little BBQ first, then having him reading it back to me works really well. When I read out loud to him, I read above his reading level, so it can be challenging for him to read back to me, but so far he is doing well with it.

As a follow up from last week, we have also made a new rule in our house that Little BBQ can only play wii on weekends and that is working really for us. He has stopped asking to play wii all the time making my day a lot easier.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I finished reading The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise. I enjoyed reading the book, and I have lots of thoughts on the book that can be seen on my blog post about the book since it is really long.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

I did some writing again for the Associated Press. I wrote:
1.       the best cooking blogs that are you are not reading (really you should check out these awesome blogs)
3.       five ways to throw an ecofriendly birthday party on a budget

And a photo of a pretty building in our town:



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Also posted on the Weekly Wrap Up.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I came over from THMJ. I am so sorry you have been sick. It is so hard to get anything done when you feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all feeling better. The kabobs sound wonderful. - Hope you got to enjoy them before the flu bug.
    Janet W
    http://homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an art museum trip that's been rescheduled twice so far. I am committed to getting there before June!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had sickness in the house this week, but I hope everyone is better and you get to do those things you missed.

    And yes! I need to start using the grill more now that the weather isn't so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...soo sorry you and Little BBQ were sick! It's that time of year, and hopefully you all are done with it for a good long time! Thanks so much for coming by Telln' It! You are right where we were just ten short years ago when I began hsing! Bless you this week and hope you all feel better quick! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you were sick, and I would be so frustrated to show up at a closed museum. Here's to a better week! BTW, the building in your photo IS lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...